Friday, March 31, 2006

Home, Home on the Range...

Perhaps this is it; the home on the World Wide Web I've been waiting for. I tried starting an account on DeviantArt (http://michaelamatthea.deviantart.com), but I didn't get very far. It's kind of cool as an artistic community, to get and share ideas, but it didn't seem personal enough. I was looking for something that is more my own website, featuring a log of my travels far and wide and my travels within, with occasional supporting photos, links, and other media, and a space for friends and others to comment. (On DeviantArt, I think you had to be a member to interact.) Additionally, DA had a "community" orientation that was a bit too dark for me, hence the title "deviant," and largely digital art enthusiasts.

So we'll try this. And this is a good time to start, as this is a very pivotal time, the transition from one world to a wholly new realm. After going to school for 18 years, on May 27th, 2006 I'll finally be FREE!!!! With that will be the boundless mobility of which I've always dreamed. Yeah, the plan is to go just about everywhere and do just about everything I want. Beginning with a long-term stay in New Orleans starting in June. And then, who knows?? The adventures await.

More immediately, these remaining 2 months of school are a great trial, indeed. I guess the freedom is not easily won. I have currently 1 million tasks to accomplish, 18 days left in this semester, then Spring Break when I will visit New Orleans for 12 days, then May Term, during which I will take one class, finish my capstone and do a big presentation, pack up my room for the last time, and complete the remaining of the 1 million tasks. There's never been quite so much on the line, but I'm very certain that May 27th will be a sparkling sunny day in Ashland, and a blazing success.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Good work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:54 AM

    The one thing I worried about when I created a blog of my adventures was that I couldn't save or transport the data. What if blogspot closes, or starts charging? I think you'll be fine, but you should post each entry to a Word file just to be safe because you are a very elegant writer.

    ReplyDelete