Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'm still here, in the Center of the Universe

written 6:28 p.m. Sunday, September 24th, 2006

Yes, I know, I've been bad and haven't posted on here since I made the journey back to New Orleans on June 16th. You shouldn't be surprised; we all know how I operate. But hey, I'm doing it right now, and there's infinite hope for the future!

I guess it's been hard to begin writing because SO MUCH has happened! The motion here in my life right now is really otherworldly. I want to get it all down and share it, but then the days and weeks fly by and it seems hopeless to dream of catching up. That's why I'm trying to get better at letting the past go and doing just what I can do right now. Starting where I am, rather than trying to start from any other point. A little bit is better than nothing. And if I'm never going to sit down and make the masterpiece any time soon, in the meantime I better put aside my high expectations and pride and just produce something!

So it's another beautiful day in New Orleans. I'm at CC's coffee shop in the Quarter, with an endless round of tourists in horse-drawn carriages going by, and a plan just flew over pulling a big banner that said "Hand Grenades @ Tropical Isle." I know what that refers to, thanks to the girls from Baton Rouge/Mississippi and their bar-hopping "bachelorette party." Not my thing at all of course, but it was interesting to observe the vast culture of people who drink alcohol and think that it's fun and feels good.

Anyway, this place is closing soon so I'll be getting on my way back home. Things just keep getting better and better. Being in the Center of the Universe is a blessing I never could have dreamed up myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment